on tuesday night, as part heart health week, we hosted a dinner for about 100 people at our sorority house. as director of philanthropy, it was my job to plan, cook, and organize the event. i literally could not have done it without the help of some of my really great friends, and luckily the event turned out great.
we served a menu full of heart healthy dinner options, and included cards on each table with some of the facts I had posted here on Monday.
Our menu included:
Whole Wheat Penne Pasta with Tomatoes and Mozzarella
Salad with Craisins, apples, strawberries, feta cheese, and walnuts
Dark chocolate covered strawberries
Water flavored with cucumbers, raspberries, and oranges
Everything was so yummy and healthy at the same time.
Here are some more really heart healthy foods to include in your meals:
- salmon grilled with mustard is perfect for dinner. you can even add it to a salad for lunch.
- add flaxseed to smoothies
- oatmeal is amazing for your heart and you can mix all types of fruits into it
- almonds can be added to yogurt or trail mix
- a glass of red wine at night has been known to help your heart
- opt for brown rice instead of white rice with stir fry and sushi
- splash soy milk in your coffee
- opt for dark chocolate instead of milk or white
what are your favorite heart healthy meals? tomorrow i'll share some pictures from our events! xo