as part of heart health week, today i'm going to share some of my favorite heart health workout tips.
our event last night was a zumba class for about 60 people. i had never done zumba before, and was beyond excited to try it. it did not disappoint! i was a lot more challenging then i thought it would be. but i had so much fun. i can't wait to take more classes as my new favorite workout.
here are some more workout tips to protect your heart.....
just thirty minutes of aerobic exercises a day can help your heart!
- try a spin class.
- do a ladder on the treadmill that includes: 1 minute walking, 2 minutes running, 3 minutes walking, 4 minutes running, 5 minutes walking, 5 minutes running, 4 minutes walking, 3 minutes running, 2 minutes walking, and 1 minute running.
- stadium stair runs
- swimming is great (obviously i included this one)
don't have time for a full 30 minutes? break it up throughout the day.
- take the stairs instead of the elevator
- walk to that coffee shop
- park your car farther in the parking lot
you don't need a gym membership or fancy equipment to work out!
- try yoga or a workout at home. there are so many youtube options to choose from
- bike with your kids or family!
- walk your dog
stretching and weight training help increase stamina!
try one of these fun workouts- all found on pinterest!
exercising does so much for your heart, such as:
lower blood pressure
improve heart failure symptoms
strengthen your heart and cardiovascular symptoms
you don't need to be a slave to the gym to be healthy, but it's super important to have some sort of fitness regime!
what are your favorite ways to keep a healthy heart? xo